Real-time Clinical Tools
- We have built, are utilizing, and will continue to spread digitally enabled best practice, integrated tools that support information flow, provide decision support, and lead to high quality patient experience and outcomes. Tools currently in place in the G&A OHT include the following:
- Patients can use tablets and secure messaging to complete standardized screening and issue related questionnaires. The results are immediately downloaded to the EMR. This allows the provider to spend more time focusing on the patient’s healthcare needs thereby improving both the patient and provider experience.
- Many of our clinicians are already using a variety of integrated EMR tools such as custom forms, encounter assistants, and toolbars that facilitate more complete, efficient, and standardized documentation and provide decision support and resource information.
- eReferrals allow the clinician and patient to select the most appropriate referrals based on services offered, location, wait time information, and patient priorities. They also ensure that the required referral information is complete. The system automatically tracks the referral and sends the patient and clinician the details as they become available.
- Using eConsults to get specialist opinions within days, leads to more effective care and may remove barriers to care such as patient mobility and financial constraints. An eConsult may resolve the health issue or confirm that a specialist appointment is not required, thereby avoiding unnecessary specialist referrals.
Quality and Performance Measurement Tools.
- Integrated System Performance Dashboards – Dashboards are being used to measure and improve quality and performance. We will work with our regional & provincial partners to evaluate how these dashboards can be refined to support an understanding of outcomes for our attributed population.
- Integrated Decision Support (IDS) – Enables sharing of patient-level information securely and digitally across the providers in our team for quality improvement and planning purposes. This platform will continue to be a pivotal enabler of our full understanding of the patient journey and patient & population outcomes.
- Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Interactive Reports – WDGPH interactive reports have been developed including community profiles, population profiles, health status reports, surveillance reports, tracking dashboards, health topic specific local data used to identify key opportunities to direct focused quality improvement efforts to address key threats to the health of our populations.
- CMHAWW Waitlist Management portal – captures wait time data that is used to improve clinical processes.
- Daisy Link – a decision support platform at GGH, Daisy Link is a shared platform created by GGH to permit certain admission/ discharge data to be collected and presented for the purpose of QI projects and QI reporting at the Guelph FHT.
- Hospital Report Manager – data from this platform provides clinical, outcome and population health information that can be used to understand and address the health of the populations.
- NOTE: 1) 4), 5) and 6) will be used to generate practice reports that enable near real time understanding of patient and population outcomes that require clinical and process analysis and improvement.